Originally settled as a Spanish-colonial fortification in 1715, the rural village of Las Trampas located in Taos County is listed on the National Registrar of Historic Places and contains a National Historic Landmark, the San Jose de Gracia Church.

Sponsored by the Las Trampas Mutual Domestic Water Consumers' Assoc., the Community Center provides Las Trampas with a local, ample and up-to-date facility for holding public events, conducting community business and hosting celebrations.

Sensitive to the regional traditon of Spanish Territorial architecture, the single-story, 3,000sf Community Center is a modern compilation of pure forms, relative proportions and exquisite details. Deep portales, direct exterior access from every space and a double-story height roof monitor with operable lights maximize the opportunities for passive cooling and lighting while a grid-tied 3-Kw solar panel, radiant-heat floors, on-demand hot water and an insulated-concrete form structure maximize the energy and economic efficiency.

Las Trampas Community Center

Las Trampas, New Mexico

3,000sf New Construction

Seeking Funding